Sunday, August 3, 2008

Winnie the Pooh without the Winnie




I am working on a cover for a scrapbook that I am making for a rescue squad competition. The theme is "Stepping Stones". I've never made a cover for a scrapbook before and had to think about the topic for a very long time.


This was made by my Cricut using the Pooh and Friends Cart.

The base paper was cardstock that was purchased from Michaels. The top paper was a shiny paper that looked like lineolum and had leaves on it. The "grass" is actually grass paper also purchased from Michaels, the dirt is Mulberry paper and the water is the "pool" paper. This was cut at 5 1/2. This is the first time that I've used Mulberry paper and after getting it to work correctly on my Cricut, it cut pretty well.


The second part of the layout is a log I also made using the Pooh and Friends cart, using the "Lineolum" and Mulberry paper. The mulberry paper is double sided so I just flipped it over to use the darker side.


The letters are Plantin Schoolbook. They came from a RAK that I'm a member of and I think that they correspond well with the colors in the Bridge. The other letters are Orange because Orange and Blue are our "colors" for the squad.


Let me know what you think.

No comments: