Saturday, August 2, 2008

Nikki's Card




My little Niece Nicole is a Princess Fanatic! Her favorite one is Ariel (and apparently Jasmine, Mulan, Aurora and Belle). Using my Cricut (the greatest scrapbooking machine ever made!! EVER!) the Happily Ever After Cart, the Celebrations Cart and Doodletype Cart and a ton of paper (the only downside to making the Princesses) I am finished my Ariel Masterpiece. This is the first princess that I've ever made using my Cricut. I didn't realize how much work goes into making them and now realize why some people are unwilling to RAK them. So Ariel is made from CM paper (that whole obligation thing) and because I'm scrapbooking impaired, I used Stickles for the eyes because I couldn't get those darn things to work. I also decided to use some stickles on the shell in her hair. The bling in the corner is Memories Galore and is from Michaels. On the inside cover is "It's Your Day" and was done with Cricut paper that corresponds to the Celebration cart and then Shadowed in Pink. The paper says Happy Birthday and was done at 3". On the other side is "Happy Birthday" that was done with Doodletype. Happy Birthday happens to be one of the preprogrammed words in DT and it happened to work wonderfully for me. The border (which is one of the main reasons I bought both the Princess carts) is the border that corresponds to Ariel with a shell, the seaweed and the flowers that was pieced together. As I'm not very creative (nor color coordinated) I just used the colors that the book showed. I then affixed everything using the CM Precision Adhesive. I hope that my little niece likes it. I will find out tomorrow after I give it to her.

No comments: