Saturday, September 5, 2009

Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.

On most Wednesdays you can find me at the rescue squad awaiting the citizens of Hanover County to call 911. This Wednesday was no different. I started my day off with Oatmeal that I purchased from Good Foods. It's manufactured by someone named Bob and comes in a large cellophane bag. The label says that's gluten free, and that it's produced in a Gluten Free facility. I've been unsuccessful in finding it on any of the GF stores online and have been too tired to look for it's URL on the label. I took some sandwich bags and a 1c. measuring cup and scooped out enough oatmeal for three days, putting each one cup serving into a plastic zip-lock baggy. So on this particular Wednesday I got my oatmeal out, added a little Splenda and enjoyed a nice, hot bowl of oatmeal. After serving a few citizens and taking a "field trip" to one of the local hospitals, we got back to our building and had lunch. I had brought with me that morning a 3 Cheese Pizza by Glutino and promptly started looking for the Microwave directions. There were none. How can you sell frozen pizza and claim it's a "convenience food" when I need a conventional oven to make it? That is not convenience. That's a pain in the you know what. So I grabbed a plate, estimated that it would take about two minutes to cook it and popped it in the microwave. Well, two minutes might've been a little long. It probably only needed a minute thirty. The cheese was sizzling on top and a little burnt, but the underside of the crust was a little doughy, and not quite done. I was afraid to put it back into the microwave because I already burnt it, so I just ate it a little extra doughy. About two hours later, my stomach exploded. I don't know if it was because it wasn't all the way cooked or because my body is still recovering from all the gluten poison I've been putting in it for the past thirty years, but it did not go over well. I had some horrible issues that I won't go into.

That next day (because I like torture) I had another of the Glutino Pizzas, this time at work. Again, Glutino needs to learn what the word "convenience" means. It does NOT mean conventional oven, it means I can pop it in the microwaves and have a nice tasty treat in a few minutes. Again, I decided that I'd microwave it, this time for about 1:45 and I don't know what the difference was but after cooking it (this time the Spinach and Feta) the crust was nice and cooked and the top wasn't boiling. This pizza was also quite tasty and didn't give me any nasty side affects. I think that in the future, I won't be getting the Three Cheese variety anymore, I"m just going to stick to some other flavors.

No comments: