Saturday, September 12, 2009

Joseph's Pirate Ship Party

In May we made a trip to DisneyWorld for my son's wish from the Make a Wish Foundation of Virginia. Upon our arrival at the most magical resort on Earth (not Disney!!), called Give Kids the World we found out that there was going to be a Pirate Ship Party that evening. Well, unfortunately we missed it, (we were all taking naps because of the early departure). Well, ever since then my son has been talking about having a "Pirate Ship Party". When I got the sneak peak of the Stampin' Up catalog in August I saw that there was a package you could buy that was all about pirates. It included invites, treat boxes, flags, banner and eye patches. So I bought the kit, along with a personalized stamp that read "Captain Joseph". This is what the kit looked like in the catalog: (Photo credit: Stampinup.com)



They came on individual sheets that had to be popped out and assembled. Because I forgot to bring my adhesive home, I had to use Elmer's glue. I wasn't all that worried about it being acid free (I don't know if Elmer's is or not) so I just glued the edges together as stated.
Here are my completed boxes:








These boxes held quite a bit of "loot." Here is a picture of them, with all their loot.








Here is a picture of my nephew modeling the eye patch. These were made with chipboard. You punched the chipboard out, attached the eye patch part (which was sticky on the other side) and laced the elastic through it. The kids loved it and it was an easy little craft to make at the party.

I did make the banner, my digital camera batteries ran out of juice before I could take the picture, but I'll take it tomorrow and upload it.

No comments: