Sunday, October 12, 2014

Feeling Batty


For Girl Scouts, we needed to do a Halloween themed SWAP. 
So to Pinterest I go for inspiration. 
I found this:

So we (my daughter and I), went to Michaels and Target and got some supplies.
Supplies: (enough to make 120):
-Farfalle Style Pasta (any brand, one 12oz box, I used Market Pantry Brand)
-Black spray Paint (any brand, one 12oz can, I used Krylon, but I'm sure any is fine).
-1in. Black Pompoms (at Michaels they sell single colored Pompoms, I got two bags of 80--they were made by Creatology).
-0.23in Wiggle Eyes (also purchased from Michaels, I used Creatology Brand)
-ArtMinds Reclosable Bags (so one bat goes in each bag)

Step 1:
Find a well ventilated place to spray paint. 
Spray the entire box of Farfalle Pasta (both front and back) with black spray paint.
Let it dry. 
Meanwhile, attach one set of wiggly eyes to one pompom. 
After the Farfalle dries, hot glue the pompom to the center of the pasta. 
Voila!
Bats!

I attempted to use Krylon Glowz (and gave them two coats), but they didn't glow in the dark. Maybe it's because the base coat was black, or maybe it's because it didn't get enough dry time. 

Total cost (for 120):
Pasta $1.06
Black spray paint: $6.99
Pom-poms: $3.00
Google eyes: $2.00
~13.50






No comments: