Monday, August 9, 2010

More Gluten Free Items found.

I hate grocery shopping, I most especially hate doing it with my children. My four year old thinks that she needs everything that we go by, and she's very slick with putting things in the cart that I don't see. She's a sneaky one.
So while I was at Wal-Mart yesterday, I happened to be walking down an aisle and found a box of Biscuit mix, with the words 'Gluten Free' on the front. I have yet to use the mix, but I was just excited to actually find it that I had to tell everyone.

Also found in my local Wal-Mart (and not any other grocery store to date) was the new Chex. I love Chex cereal. I like it better than any of 'special gluten free cereals' that you find at Whole Foods, etc. I'm absolutely ecstatic about that face that there are two new flavors (apparently there's five, but I"ve only ever seen the two new ones). In addition to Rice and Corn chexs that are plain, there are now Cinnnamon Chex and Honey Nut Chex. I haven't tried the Honey Nut yet, but I have tried the Cinnamon and they are delicious. Yum-o. I highly recommend them and at my store they are $3.00 a box, which is the average price for cereal that's 'regular'.  There is apparently a GF Chocolate Chex, but I have yet to be able to find it. I'll keep looking though.

Next up, Muffins. I'll let you know how they turn out!

No comments: