Sunday, May 9, 2010

Betty Crocker's Gluten Free Brownie Mix




I have a confession: I have a major sweet tooth. Prior to going gluten free, I often overindulged in any kind of sweet snack that I could find. Cookies, Brownies, Cakes, etc. During my first two pregnancies, this accounted for a large majority of my weight gain. Since going gluten free, and cutting out my sweets, I've lost a significant amount of weight, almost 45 pounds. Now in the last trimester of my third pregnancy, and living a gluten free, healthier eating lifestyle, I have only gained five pounds, but I feel healthier during this pregnancy that I've felt in the previous two pregnancies.

So while grocery shopping the other day I came across this Gluten Free Brownie Mix made by Betty Crocker. This mix is part of group of mixes manufactured by Betty Crocker. In addition to the brownies, there is also a Chocolate Chip cookie mix, a Devil's Food cake mix and a Yellow cake mix. I followed the directions on the box (add 2 eggs and 1/4 cup of butter) to the powdered mix and stir together. After pouring the batter into the pan and cooking it for 28 minutes, I waited with a watering-mouth to try them. Because, as previously stated, I love chocolate, I added some chocolate icing to the top of my brownies.

After letting them cool an appropriate amount of time, we dug in. They were good. My family, who aren't gluten free, couldn't really taste a difference. Some of the edges were a little hard, with they were still moist and delicious.

Overall, I give Betty Crocker's Brownie Mix an A.

No comments: