Monday, August 31, 2009

First week on the GF diet.

So let me just start by saying that I was diagnosed with Celiac's Sprue around the same time I was told that I was pregnant with my first child. I sortof looked at my doctor, snickered and went on my merry way. I looked it up online and thought "well I guess I'll try to not eat bread." I'm a big bread eater, so this was easier said than done. I did the whole "I'll try not to eat bread thing" for about two weeks and gave up, failing miserably.

Fast forward six (almost seven) years (yes, it took me that long to get it into my stubborn head that this is something I need to DEAL WITH!), I'm thirty years old with two kids, a full-time job, a house, a husband and a rather time consuming hobby. I'm exhausted. I can't sleep, even when I'm exahusted. My hair is falling out in clumps. My stomach hurts. My bones ache. I can barely walk up stairs my knees hurt so much. I have yucky bathrooms experiences (which I won't go into), and I lose a tooth. It's disturbing. I shouldn't be this way. I have a long life ahead of me and I'm essentially poisoning myself with all the gluten rich food I've been eating over the years. So I made a resolution to stop doing it. Stop poisoning myself. Start eating better and healthier. That's the plan. We'll see how it goes. I have a support system in place and I"m going to do it this time.

No comments: